Friday, December 18, 2009

Memory Eternal


Folks in the Midwest Diocese of the OCA - and Orthodox Christians all over the country were saddened to learn today of the sudden and unexpected death of our heirarch, Archbishop +Job.

It is suspected that he died of pneumonia, after having been ill all week. He was only 63.

Archbishop Job was well-loved in our diocese and throughout the OCA. He visited my own parish several times in recent years and I regret that I never had the chance to meet him personally. It was an opportunity I sought, but which never presented itself, as I had heard such wonderful things about him. But our boys were each priveleged to serve at Divine Liturgy with him.




May his memory be eternal.

5 comments:

DebD said...

May his memory be eternal.

Rosko said...

Memory Eternal!

William Weedon said...

-C,

I was privileged to meet him once. He was a gracious and kind man. Rest eternal grant him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him!

Anonymous said...

I have been out of the loop and only came on this news. What a loss! By all accounts -- not just yours -- he was a saintly servant.

May his memory be eternal.

And may the Spirit raise up a successor of equal gifts.

Dwight

-C said...

What a loss, indeed - one still heavily felt by our Church and Diocese.

(you really HAVE been out of the loop ...)