Saturday, August 8, 2009

Scenes from a Vacation

My family and I returned on Sunday afternoon from a lovely week of vacation at the Medayto Lodge in Spicer, MN - it's becoming an annual summer tradition to spend this first week of August with our extended family on DearHusband's side.

It was a relaxing week and members of my family spent it fishing and reading and hiking and swimming and napping and talking and eating.

Here are some visual highlights:




Fishing is always on the agenda for our boys, and they got a bunch of it in.


















We had a couple of rainy mornings toward the end of our week, but we managed to find indoor activities during those times. Happily, the rain events usually ended within just a couple of hours.



















On one of the more overcast days, my BIL announced that he was going to take the boys and go fishing at a nearby weed bed on the lake. Months ago I had seen directions online for how to make a St. Brigid's cross from reeds and had always wanted to try it. So I asked him to cut me a good handful of them while he was out there. When they returned, I found the instructions online (we were able to get some spotty internet service there), and I was amazed at how easy they are to make. So I made one - and then I showed some of my other rels how to make them and we made ALOT of them!



















The evenings were especially lovely!





















We are already looking forward to next year!

7 comments:

DebD said...

it all looks wonderful.

s-p said...

mmmmmmm...rain.....I almost forgot what it looks like.

Emily H. said...

Nice vacation pics - I can almost smell the campfire! :)

-C said...

Ha! Actually we can STILL smell it! Getting that smell completely out of the laundry is proving to be a challenge!

Mimi said...

Beautiful photos! I particuarly love the St. Brigid's Crosses!

-C said...

They are fun to make!

Mrs. Inqvist said...

You are way more crafty than you tell others you are.