Sunday, April 12, 2009

Palm Weaving

Blogpal Deb asked about the Palm fans used in the Palm Sunday procession at our church today, and I promised to post a couple of photos of that. As I explained to her on FB, we are blessed to have some members who know their way around palm branches! And I am fascinated to watch them weave these fans every year.

Next year I have vowed to put the camera down and try to make one of these myself! My friend Phyl made one this year and it looks like she got the hang of it!







4 comments:

DebD said...

Cha- that is SO cool. We're still perfecting the art of making little palm crosses at our parish! LOL.

-C said...

Well, making the little palm crosses is what most of us do at this yearly gathering. There's just a couple of folks who can do this - but next year I'm gonna take a shot at it!

Rosko said...

at my parish we have the custom of blessing both palms AND Pussy Willows. Fr just carrys a nice little bouquet of both with some early spring blossoms at the base, it's really quite nice.

-C said...

We do both palms and pussy willows on Palm Sunday, too, since our parish is of Russian background.

I've often wondered if here in MN we ought to bless pine branches ...