Monday, March 9, 2009

Book Confessions


Tagged by Emily!

Book Confessions
1. To mark your page you: use a bookmark, bend the page corner, leave the book open face down?
All of the above, though mostly I leave the book open face down (shame on me, it's bad for the binding).

2. Do you lend your books?
Yes, I do - and I've lost a few favorites this way - but I think it's a risk worth taking.

3. You find an interesting passage: do you write in your book or NO WRITING IN BOOKS!
I don't usually write in books, though years ago in college I used to be a highlighter.

4. Dust jackets - leave it on or take it off.
I leave 'em on and often use them as bookmarks. But they seem to be always in the way. But I always remove the dust jacket when I first get a book to look at the book's cover. It's important to me to know what my book looks like without it, too.

5. Hard cover, paperback, skip it and get the audio book?
Paperback is fine. It's what's inside the book that I'm looking for.

6. Do you shelve your books by subject, author, or size and color of the book spines?
Sadly, I'm just glad to get my books on the shelves at all. I recently went searching for a book and had to go through all of the books on all of the shelves - many times (never found the book, either).

7. Buy it or borrow it from the library later?
Yes. Sometimes I borrow it first and buy it later.

8. Do you put your name on your books - scribble your name in the cover, fancy bookplate, or stamp?
Scribble my name in the front cover - often the year of purchase, too.

9. Most of the books you own are rare and out of print books or recent publications?
I have a bunch of each.

10. Page edges - deckled or straight?
Mox-nix.

11. How many books do you read at one time?
One book at a time is all my pea-brain can handle.

12. Be honest, ever tear a page from a book?
Books - no. Magazines? Yes

1 comment:

Emily H. said...

"But I always remove the dust jacket when I first get a book to look at the book's cover. It's important to me to know what my book looks like without it, too."

I know what you mean! Books seem to have a whole different character without their covers.