Friday, February 13, 2009

From the Church Secretary's Desk

video

So what's a church secretary to think when she comes to work on a Thursday morning and she finds this on her desk - right next to the computer monitor? (I had to move it out of the way so that I didn't have some sort of a seizure).

"Please, God," I prayed, "let this have been left here by someone who knew that I would laugh at it and not someone who thought I might be moved to venerate it."

(Turns out it was left by someone who knew I'd laugh at it - whew! In a church setting, you can never be sure...)

Video credit goes to my friend Kate, a member of this parish and one of those I first suspected of leaving this on my desk. It wasn't Kate.

6 comments:

Dixie said...

Spectacular!!! Where did your friend find such a novelty! My grandmother, who once owned a tavern, had a hanging beer advertisement lamp which gave the same colorful dot effects. Does it play music, too? That would perfect it. I can imagine you walking in to see that and not knowing whether to laugh or cry...and how hard it would have been to keep the laugh in until you knew!

-C said...

Alas (or thank God) it does not play music - I shudder to think what the music might be!

No, I spent about an hour first thing trying to figure out who left it. My prime suspect is out of the country at the moment. My secondary suspect - who did the lovely videography - had no idea what I was talking about when I checked with her. Having been left for me on a Thursday morning (and not Monday morning), I knew it was an inside job.

-C said...

Oh, while it does not play music, the lovely waterfall clock at the bottom of this fine piece of art TICKS and TOCKS very loudly.

Of course it does ...

DebD said...

Hilarious! My grandmother would have enjoyed something like that too. LOL.

Mrs. Inqvist said...

Could I get one for Shawn?

-C said...

I'm sure he would love it ... at least as much as I do!