Monday, December 22, 2008

My Favorite Ornament

The Christmas Nail

"It is to be hung on a sturdy branch, a branch near the trunk, a branch that will hold such a spike without being noticed by well-wishers dropping by to admire one's tinseled tree.

The location of the nail is known only to the home that hangs it. It is understood only by the heart that knows its significance.

It is hung with the thought: The Christmas tree but foreshadows the Christ tree which only He could decorate for us, with nails such as this."

4 comments:

Mimi said...

How beautiful.

MIchelle M. said...

I love that! I hope I can find one to put on my tree.

Dwight P. said...

Cool! I have posted a link to this on my blog because I think it's really worthwhile to keep this sentiment in mind.

Thanks, Cha.

Dwight

-C said...

Dwight - I gave a couple of these away at Christmas this year and I have a couple of extras. I'd love to bring one for you (I'll leave it in your spouse's box in the office).