Thursday, November 6, 2008

Looking for Salvation in All the Wrong Places

If we, as Christians, have placed all of our hope in a political candidate - whether it is the candidate who won the election or the candidate who lost the election, then we probably deserve to have that hope dashed.

Obama isn't going to save us. McCain wouldn't have, either.

This is the blanket comment I would like to leave in all of the comboxes of those who are either ecstatic with the election results or who are abysmally depressed over them.

5 comments:

DebD said...

Did you happen to read Handmaid Leah's entry for today? She got it from Fr. J. Tobias. I think you would probably appreciate it.

Have fun updating your blog.

-C said...

Deb - I don't actually read her very much, but I read Fr. Jonathan Tobias all of the time. I'll check him out - thanks for the tip.

usedtobewitty said...

Amen, sister. ;)
-Gretchen

Mimi said...

I totally agree. Politics and religion are two separate things.

s-p said...

Some trust in chariots and some in horses....Oh, thanks for changing the blog.