Sunday, November 9, 2008

Accent? I Don't Have an Accent!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Philadelphia
 
The Northeast
 
The Midland
 
The South
 
The West
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


OK, I do call carbonated beverages "pop."

4 comments:

Philippa said...

Meh...I don't have an accent either, though I checked in a "Philadelphia."

Which is, of course, right on the money!!

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm Midland -- which is to say I _really_ don't have an accent -- so says the Quizmaster. But I call carbonated beverages "Beer" -- or "Soda" if they're not carbonated! But a water fountain is not a bubbler and a grouping of bedroom furniture is a "suite" = "sweet", not a suit.

Now throw me down the stairs my hat.
-Dwight

Anonymous said...

I'm Cha's foreign student roomie her junior year at college, and my Danish accent rendered me The Inland North, pop and all.

-C said...

I guess that's what living in South Dakota for one year (regardless of how many years ago that was) will get you, Ane!


:-)