Monday, August 18, 2008

Thinking and Doing

I saw this this passage from Lynda Barry's What It Is on the blog Is God Anonymous, which I stumbled upon yesterday:

The thinking part of you
is not the doing part of you
or the experiencing part of you
The thinking part of you can
tell you that a decision has
been made but it's not the
part of you which decides things
This is why thinking is not
the same as creating through
the thinking part of us seems
completely unaware of this


I'm not sure about the entirety of this thought, but I do find a bit of resonance with the thought that the thinking part of me is not the same as the doing part of me. I've though this lots of times, but never put words on it.

In overdrive, the thinking part of me often paralyzes the doing part of me. And I sometimes use the doing part of me to escape the thinking part of me.

(And by the way, to answer the question posed by the blog title of my source, no - I don't think God is anonymous.)

No comments: