Friday, June 13, 2008

Sprouting Beans

DearHusband is trying his hand at sprouting beans. I am not sure what inspired this new hobby (I suspected he was spending a little too much time watching the Food Network) and at first I didn't really know what the point of it is, either.

I'm told that sprouted beans are very healthy, high in vitamins B and C and that sprouting the beans makes more digestable the less digestable parts of the bean.

I'm not sure about all of that, but what I do know is that they are wonderful in a green salad (which we eat often in the summer). So far he's successfully tried two different kinds of beans - garbanzo and lentil - and they were both delicious, tasting a little bit like raw fresh peas.

The picture is a little fuzzy, but the beans are great!

No comments: