Sunday, April 13, 2008

Getting the Ball Rolling

My family joined others from our church this afternoon for a fun afternoon of bowling. The event was well-attended, and lots of folks from our church came out for this delightful afternoon of fun, exercise, and fellowship.

It had been billed as an "End of Winter (We Hope) Bowling Event." And, ironically, it fell on the first really nice day we have had in a while. It was snowing outside only yesterday, but today was beautiful! Perhaps it really is the end of winter.

My score was not so hot, I'm afraid - but I had a ball (so to speak) not only bowling, but visiting, too. YoungerSon certainly had the most unique form of any of the bowlers I saw this afternoon!

It was a great opportunity for folks from church to spend an afternoon together before the rigors of Holy Week are upon us.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

That's quite a form.

My Dh and I went bowling for our first date, I got a *coughcough36coughcough* He still married me!

-C said...

Ha!

You obviously have other gifts which exceeded any minimum-bowling-score requirements he might have had!

Mimi said...

Well, we've never gone bowling since...I wonder why? :)