Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sometimes Life Gets in the Way of Blogging


Which is as it should be, I think.

During Lent we try to make a conscious effort to open our hearts and lives to include more study, worship and prayer, to make room for something more and for some things more important. And of course this comes at the expense of other things which are far less important, like blogging. So I’m finding a bit less time to blog just now, and am rather at peace with that. I’m thinking it’s a good thing, actually.

I do still try to make a little time most days to keep up with my regular reads, though. I’m better at this some days than others. Some of these reads have been good additions to the Lenten disciplines I mention above – plus, they keep me out of the vacuum which I have a tendency to create for myself, and help me to remember that there is a big wide world out there that is not about me.

I have seen and read many wonderful reflections and devotional thoughts about Lent in recent weeks. Perhaps if I happen to find some spare time and can find them again, I'll at least share a link or two.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I've had the same thing happen, posts in my head don't always get to the page.

But, my prayers that it is a fruitful Lent for you and yours!