Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sneezing and Freezing

They go hand-in-hand, I suppose.

I've got a stupid cold. Thanks are due, I suspect, to colleagues at work, who came in all last week with bad colds.

On one hand, I'm grateful to have only a good head cold - it's often something much worse for me.

On the other hand, it's -17 degrees outside (without the wind chill!).

Shouldn't this be cold enough to freeze out all of the germs in these parts?

Also, under the category of Useful Things to Know and Tell:
A side-by-side comparison in an actual cold-weather test performed this very morning in sub-zero weather conditions proved that thermal underwear made of cotton is far superior than it's silk counterpart (no matter what the manufacturers of silk long-johns might say). While it is true that silk is very lightweight and may possess some insulating characteristics, it simply does not do the job in this sort of weather.

2 comments:

Emily H. said...

Wow! Negative seventeen! It got down to -10 degrees last night here, but you're farther north than I am. Sounds like a good day to stay inside! :)

-C said...

Yep, darn cold. I don't plan to go outside until Vespers this afternoon. Highs today are expected to reach +1!