Friday, January 4, 2008

Pins and Needles

DearHusband has been dealing with a nasty bout with gout in the last week. He gets very infrequent flare-ups of this malady, and keeps on hand a med from the doctor which normally nips the problem in the bud.

Except this time, it didn't.

After suffering with this for a week, DearHusband went yesterday to see an acupuncturist (at the recommentation of my sister, who had heard that this treatment might provide some immediate relief). I was completely skeptical about whether it would make any difference, but of course, he has a much more open mind than I do about such things. About most things, actually.

Anyway, he went. And it did help - alot!

So is it all in his head? Or is there really something to sticking a bunch of needles in various parts of your flesh which helps to provide healing and relief? Who cares?? He's better!

He's going back next week, too!

2 comments:

Dwight P. said...

Acupuncture has a long history of effectiveness, and most of the medical (yes, medical) people I speak with acknowledge that there might be something to it. (From Hamlet, "There are more things 'tween heaven and earth than are dream'd of in your philosophy.") I've thought that I might investigate it for my arthritis (which is getting a little out of hand -- a pun, since that's where it is lodged). But in any event, I'm glad it worked for him!

-C said...

Well, what the heck, Dwight? What have you got to lose? (Is your spouse not a nurse? What sayeth she about such things?)

When I came home from work today, I asked K. how his foot was feeling and his response was, "Wonderful!"

There ya go!