Saturday, January 5, 2008

Calendar Confusion

The other day I was talking on the phone to my friend M, the secretary at my former Lutheran parish (as church secretaries do), when her supervising pastor - my former pastor - interrupted (as supervising pastors do).

"Ask her," I heard him say, "when her Christmas is."

"Pastor wants to know when you celebrate Christmas," M said.

"Tell him that we celebrated Christmas on December 25, just like you all did," I replied. "We've been over this before. I'm on the new calendar, so our Christmas is the same as yours."

She relayed the message.

(There was a little pause)

"Pastor said to tell you that maybe you aren't so weird after all."

Hmmm. Not so weird after all. I'll take that, I guess.

He may reconsider when it comes time to exchange greetings at Pascha/Easter.

No comments: