Thursday, January 31, 2008

Book Meme

Anastasia has tagged me to play the book meme (it's sort of a weird one!) Here are the rules:

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
Find page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

Disclaimer: I am at work, waiting for bulletin material. The books nearest me are my tools and there are only 5 books of over 123 pages in the same little rack - all are equi-distant in proximity. These books are: 2 synod handbooks, a Bible, and 2 hymnals. Now I'm sure at least some players of this meme will say that the Bible is the book nearest them (of course it is) - and so in the interest of variety, I reached first for Evangelical Lutheran Worship, the ELCA's new hymnal. Page 123 is all music. So I made another selection and reached for it's older green counterpart (a beloved friend to me anyway), The Lutheran Book of Worship. Here are the three sentences which follow the first 5 on the page 123:

"I believe in God the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
Do you believe in God the Son?
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, Our Lord."

Wow - didn't even have to get into the sticky filioque stuff.

(I don't think there are 5 readers of this blog who haven't already been tagged).

2 comments:

Kate said...

The fonts used for these various elements will depend on what the author has declared, and what the browser's default styles happen to be, and how the two interleave. Here we have some preformatted text just for the heck of it. If you want to make changes to your startup script under DOS, you start by typing edit autoexec.bat.

Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide, by Eric A. Meyer

-C said...

Work, work, work - sounds like the closest book to you is positively riveting!

I was with Mr. Meyer for the first sentence, but fairly lost by the third.