Saturday, August 25, 2007

I Can't Do It ... (at least not right now)

A couple of weeks ago, Dixie asked an important question: "Since you used to be a Lutheran and are now Orthodox, how did you get here from there?" It's an honest question which deserves an honest answer. I have contacted Dixie privately in an attempt to make good on my promise to her of such an honest answer.

I tried for a couple of weeks to write a concise account of my journey, and I have written one...and it's not concise (this won't come as a surprise to any who know me!). But I am not prepared to put this account in a public forum of any kind ... at least not yet (and maybe not for a very long time). I'm not so sure it's all that important to anyone but me, anyway.

So I will answer Dixie's question in the best public way I can: How did I get here from there? By the grace of God. Only. It's my standard answer, and 100% honest, to boot!

My reasons for leaving Lutheranism and becoming an Orthodox Christian are somewhat easier to name.

I will try to do at least this much in an upcoming post.

Lord, have mercy.

3 comments:

Poem Master 3000 said...

Looking forward to it!

emily said...

"How did I get here from there? By the grace of God. Only. It's my standard answer, and 100% honest, to boot!"

That's my standard answer, too. I'm usually so scared that I'm going to prattle on, I don't stop to think about a sweet and simple version of my path from Evangelical to Orthodox. I'm always interested to hear of other converts' journeys...

-C said...

I understand this - prattling on is one of the things I do best!

Thanks for visiting, Emily.

-C