Friday, July 27, 2007

Oh, What a Beautiful Play!

OK, not exactly beautiful - but quite delightful, nonetheless.

Dear husband has spent many, many evenings this spring and summer in rehearsal with our local community theatre's production of Oklahoma! He landed a role in the chorus this year: Zeke Hofer (the handsomest farmer of the bunch!). He's had such a good time doing these summer musicals for the past couple of years - I'm glad he's had these opportunities to flex his creative muscles a bit.

I was most impressed with the quality of the overall production and particularly with the vocal and acting abilities of the 4 leads (Curly, Lorrie, Will, and Ado Annie). Each of them had a different quality which made me think, at various times during the performance, that each was my favorite.

I love when that happens.

No comments: